Reliance

Just as I am, without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me And that Thou bid'st me come to Thee O Lamb of God, I come! I come Just as I am, though tossed about With many a conflict, many a doubt Fighting and fears within without O Lamb of God, I come, I come Just as I am, and waiting not to rid my soul of one dark blot to thee whose blood can cleanse each spot O Lamb of God, I come, I come Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind Sight, riches, healing of the mind Yea, all I need, in Thee to find O Lamb of God, I come, I come! Just as I am, Thou wilt receive Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve Because Thy promise I believe O Lamb of God, I come, I come Ive been meditating on this hymn for about a month, suffice to say this year has been hard and difficult in more than one aspect but its forced me to step back and look at myself spiritually and reassess understand what I am content with and what I am seeking. The one thing I am finding immense comfort and joy in is that regardless of my state of spirituality that the Lord is always near and always welcomes me back to the fold. Being "near" or "far" from the Lord is relative to what we perceive in our walk. The reality is that we are always the same "distance" but often blind to the fact the Lord is standing there inviting us to come. I've had to take a step back to see the bigger picture and address a lot of my insecurities in the confidence of my faith, of what God has promised and what the Lord Jesus Christ has provided for us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unwavering

Transition