Unwavering

 


They say a picture is worth a thousand words and much can be inferred, assumed, and unraveled from a single picture.  This may seem like a simple picture at first; the aftermath of my wife making a gaffe in the kitchen while attempting to make me a smoothie.

But context will always give better insight into situations.  Even though this picture was only a couple of months ago, I can look back and see in this picture a tipping point in an extremely troubling time in both of our lives.  Despair, frustration, grief, anger, sadness, disbelief, disappointment and so much more that I cannot put into words flow through this image.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV

I cannot speak for my wife, of her experience and feelings in regards to all of life's recent lunacies and changes but I will say this; that she inspires me.  She fights on despite her trauma, the whispers of nothingness and discouragement and pushes forward and clings to the promises that scripture hold despite her at times, losing her composure.

Since COVID started, I have been reminded again and again and again and again that God is steadfast, unwavering and reliable.  That I am able to approach the throne of God as I am without any merit of my own to stand on knowing with full conviction that the great God of the universe holds my very well being together, and that He desires for me to be the best me in every facet regardless of my failures.

So daily; the choice of following with the belief that God remains as the great I AM, and that nothing can shatter the ever prominent promises that a crucified Christ brings allows me to push through the struggles, the demons aside, and remain unwavering in my faith by simply doing the best I can day by day.  Take up your cross and follow me indeed.

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who is promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:22-23 NKJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reliance

Transition